Sunday, November 4, 2007

30 Days O' Nite



Another graphic novel translated onto the big screen movie. Pleasant at best with good pacing, yet nothing too scary. Josh Hartnett as a lead role was a bit stiffling but he did ok. The plot resolution twist by the end however, I found a bit interesting if not conventional by comic standards.

I've never checked out the original source, so I wiki'ed a bit and found that there was already a veritable universe with multiple stories already published. As can be seen on both paper and in the movie, everything is approached as "how'd we deal with vamps in a modern setting". It works to a certain extent for the thrill factor, but after that theres nothing so special about these vamps than...brace yourselves...Blade (yeah I know lame comparison). Call me simple, but I like that extra punch to character depth if we're dealing with the supernatural.

Final Verdict: Rent and go read the comics. Vamp mobs with guns lol.

No comments: